I watched The Witcher, on Netflix… And I wanted more… I had to get the Witcher books series, and listening to them. Thankfully I can still type or eat, listening audiobooks is very different than the books.
Before we go to the Witcher spoilers, I’ll give the list of the order of the Witcher books, which is a bit complicated. And what I personally liked in the series.
In what order should you read the Witcher books?
- The Last Wish (short story collection)
- Sword of Destiny (short story collection)
- Blood of Elves (beginning of novels)
- Time of Contempt
- Baptism of Fire
- The Tower of Swallows
- Lady of the Lake
You should start with the Blood of Elves if you just finished the Season 1 on Netflix. A little warning, the book is not with any action, but it is the beginning of the ending of the season.
Okay here’s the rest is spoilers. Don’t read it if you want to watch or read.
What happens in the Witcher Season 2?
I don’t know exactly what they will make of the Season 2. Blood of Elves is the book in the order, and pretty much just Ciri is in the castle with the Witchers and learns how to fight like a Witcher. Triss goes there to help them because none of them knows how to deal with the scary magical thing in Ciri. And that’s it!!! The book is pretty much it!
The Time of Contempt, there is much happening. I loved it. Cafir, we see him again. Aww!! Ciri is now a fighter and a sorcerer because Yennefer helped her to learn the magic and chaos.
Well, here’s what I loved most:
- The handsome bad guy, Cafir. He dresses cool and super handsome!
- The Witcher is not bad himself either. His character is just so amazing. Has good ethics, great humor, and skills and magic.
- How all the women want to shag the Witcher, haha, so funny!
- I’m so glad Yennefer found her own legacy and helping the Witcher.
- Aww! In the Time of Contempt book, Witcher says “I love you” to Yennefer, and she says back “I love you too”.. Yayyyyyy!!! ♥️
- It kinda sucks with the sorcerers including Yennefer, everything is strategic and even saying I love you, they calculate it, etc….
- Yennefer, the beautiful actress is not famous at all, very down to earth, good person, with a real loving relationship, from India… Check out her Instagram for more…
- Ciri is amazingly princess looking, beautiful. In the next seasons, we’ll see her with short hair and like a boy, fighter. She only learns to be feminine after spending time with Yennefer.
- I like the show so much, it’s scary when the Witcher is hunting the monsters but also humorous.
- Some people say the Witcher is the next Game of Thrones. I watched a few episodes of GOT, it was just so boring and slow. So much talking. Ewwww!!! The Witcher is all action!!! With handsome and beautiful people.